Top Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I notify the IRS my address has changed?
- Is there an age limit on claiming my child as a dependent?
- How much income can an unmarried dependent student make before he or she must file an income tax return?
- If I claim my daughter who is a full-time college student as a dependent, can she claim her own personal exemption when she files her return?
- Can I receive a tax refund if I owe for a prior year's federal taxes since I am currently making payments under an installment agreement or payment plan?
- To qualify for head of household filing status, do I have to claim my child as a dependent?
- What should I do if I made a mistake on my federal return that I've already filed?
- What is a split refund?
- How do I know if I have to file quarterly individual estimated tax payments?
- I retired last year, and started receiving social security payments. Do I have to pay taxes on my social security benefits?
- What are the tax changes for this year?
Frequently Asked Question Categories
- IRS Procedures
- Filing Requirements, Status, Dependents, Exemptions
- Itemized Deductions, Standard Deduction
- Interest, Dividends, Other Types of Income
- Retirement Plans
- Social Security Income
- Childcare Credit, Other Credits
- Earned Income Tax Credit
- Estimated Tax
- Capital Gains, Losses, and Sale of Home
- Sale or Trade of Business, Depreciation, Rentals
- Small Business, Self-Employed, Other Business
- U.S. Resident Aliens and Citizens Living Abroad
- Electronic Filing (e-file)
- Electronic Filers
- Other (Alternative Minimum Tax, Estates, Trusts, Tax Shelters, State Tax Inquiries)
- Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs)